No need for extra scans. Since only one browser was affected, most likely it was some addon or bad setting.
Your computer is clean https://www.bleepstatic.com/fhost/uploads/6/snag-0004.jpg[/URL]]
1. This step will remove all cleaning tools we used, it'll reset restore points (so you won't get reinfected by accidentally using some older restore point) and it'll make some other minor adjustments...
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]This is a very crucial step so make sure you don't skip it.[/B][/COLOR]
Download [IMG]http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads6/51a5ce45267c1/51a5ce45263de-delfix.pngDelFix by Xplode to your desktop. Delfix will delete all the used tools and logfiles.
Double-click Delfix.exe to start the tool.
Make sure the following items are checked:
Activate UAC (optional; some users prefer to keep it off)
Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Purge System Restore
Reset system settings
Now click "Run" and wait patiently.
Once finished a logfile will be created. You don't have to attach it to your next reply.
2. Make sure Windows Updates are current.
3. If any trojans, rootkits or bootkits were listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!
5. Run Malwarebytes "Quick scan" once in a while to assure safety of your computer.
6. Run Temporary File Cleaner (TFC) and AdwCleaner weekly (you need to redownload these tools since they were removed by DelFix).
7. (optional) If you want to keep all your programs up to date, download and install FileHippo App Manager.
The Update Checker will scan your computer for installed software, check the versions and then send this information to FileHippo.com to see if there are any newer releases.
8. When installing\updating ANY program, make sure you always select "Custom " installation, so you can UN-check any possible "drive-by-install" (foistware), like toolbars etc., which may try to install along with the legitimate program. Do NOT click "Next" button without looking at any given page.
Hi, my computer is extreeeemely slow at the moment, it suddenly went from everything being fine to not loading pages in my browser. This happens in firefox (which I am writing from right now) and I can't even open any pages in microsoft edge. I'm running malwarebytes right now, but I have no idea if it actually updated... don't know what's going on....
If both browsers have same issue maybe some internet issue?
Try to restart your computer and if it doesn't help just wait and see.
Calling your internet provider usually doesn't help as they'll often won't admit they're having issues.
I'll wait til malwarebytes is finished and then I'll restart the computer. I have another computer running seperately and the connection is tiptop. that's why I suspect there's something fishy going on here... So sorry about panicking... (I've been trying so hard to work on my website logged in to wordpress on a server and I recently had to delete the website, because it was utterly infected and had zero idea how to desinfect it (so to speak). and hte backup I had was also infected, hence useless and I don't dare logging back on, because I don't know if one thing infects the other....I'm slightly nutty....)still so grateful you're there with advice!!!
Ok, just restarted....same problem. don't understand. not even the bbc will let me see their site. I disabled ublock origin, that can't be it anymore. Can't load Ebay or Pinterest on firefox or chrome or edge on both computers.... they can't all be down now, right?
was the firefox profile infected? when I reinstalled firefox it immediately realoded all my bookmarks...did I do it right?
Ok, that calms me down. I only have colorzilla, popup blocker ultimate and ublock origin as addons. I disabled the latter and started firefox again. now things seem to be working again.
it's time to get some rest. tomorrow I'll embark on logging back on to my website. Keep fingers crossed. Thank you so much for your help! I hope things are still good tomorrow. I will keep you informed in the next few days should anything come up.