Conexant Modem errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedgeek

I think there may be something wrong with my modem for the simple fallowing reasons:

Me and my friend each have our own laptops so I have him come over and test out my Phone Line on his laptop as he Plays "Guild Wars" (some online game, any of you guys play it? :p) Anyways when he plays the little double monitor thing on the bottom right continually blinks, showing it is constantly sending and receiving data. But when I hook up my laptop to the same connection, i would get what i call "work ya bloody freakin modem" period when my modem would send but stop receiving errors, resulting in lag, and ultimately disconnections, but it is only for this video game, I've never had this happen while i surf the web.(These rest periods are fallowed by an Error on the receiving end of the connection, i have been connected for about half an hour now and have received 177 errors...)

Also my Modem is... "wiggly", the little thing where you connect your phone into, it wiggles, it doesn't quite move, but it WIGGLES.

I also believe it is my modem because when i use Cable or DSL with my Wireless Adapter, the game runs fine. (Also my computer crashes when i run this game, anywhere from 5 mins to several hours into the game. The crashes are not blue screen, my computer simply turns off. I don't know if it is overheating, and i dont know what my power supply is, anyway to find out? Speed fan shows my pc at 58 C)

58 degrees C?....you have a major heat issue. You could open it up, and make sure your computer is clean and free of dust. Take out your battery if you are using the AC adapter. You could prop the back of the computer up with a book to allow better air flow, and put household fan to blow on it. Also, you might consider buying a laptop fan.

Because of heat issues, laptops are not good game computers, especially for resource intense games.

I would definetly agree with just_a_nobody about the cooling issue, you need to crack that bad boy open and see if u can clean off those fans. If anything you can just rig up something to where your laptop sits above a nice big fan that blows right under the laptop. I did this one time and sure enough when i removed that fan it crashed.

sphinx said:
I would definetly agree with just_a_nobody about the cooling issue, you need to crack that bad boy open and see if u can clean off those fans. If anything you can just rig up something to where your laptop sits above a nice big fan that blows right under the laptop. I did this one time and sure enough when i removed that fan it crashed.

Thank you "Just_a_nobody" i will take your advice into hand, I'll probably go check out newegg or something, ill post back to tell you of any changes.

Well blow me up...

It appears i do have an over heating issue. My laptop starts off at 35 C, and for some reason both of my fans are at 0RPM (Im guessing this means BAD). Do any of you know any good stores that may provide me with a cooling bad, i don't trust buying stuff online.

I would say you need to take it somewhere and get those fans checked out/replaced.

and whats wrong with buying online?

sphinx said:
I would say you need to take it somewhere and get those fans checked out/replaced.

and whats wrong with buying online?
lol, i just dont trust it when these kinds of transactions. Anyways, do you think my heatsink has come loose? I'm going to fry's electronics then compusa to see if i can find some laptop cooling pads. i hear the aluminum ones are better than the plastic ones, any insite on whether this is true or not. While im at it, im gonna look for some new lithium batteries, mine have seem to... stop charging, hahaha, and a new adapter, my little brother tripped over my laptop and nearly destroyed the adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back