Config for Video Editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy05

I was asked by my friend about recommendations for a decent PC config for video editing

Wanna consult you guys...
Which editing software to use? (Free or commercial)
Is a P4 2.2ghz decent? (i think a cpu around tat spd is ok, if it's not ok, how much should i choose)
how much RAM should i use (i have totally no idea how much to choose)

The budget is "As low as possible", which is why I'm trying to be as conservative as possible. please give me ur thoughts and comments and any additional thing tat i'll need to consider which i missed out. thks!

The thing about video editing is you can never have too much power.

A 2.2GHz P4 should do just fine but of course, faster is better.

I can't comment on software because I havn't used any long enough to give any solid advice.

As for memory, well, you can never have too much of that either. I'd recomend at least a gig if you can afford it. I wouldn't go under 512MB no matter what though.

The 800Mhz is quad-pumped so the memory is running 200Mhz. The biggest bang for the buck mem right now is Twinmos PC3200. It's been a trooper in dual-channel boards (havn't seen the canterwoods with it yet though). I've seen people run it at 230MHz (460DDR) at CL-2-5-2-2 timings. Compared to other brands (Corsair, Kinston, Mushkin etc) it's dirt cheap. It's a little hard to find though.

That's about all I know. Hope it helps a little...

Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back