Connected TV to laptop, TV is in black and white!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I have a weird problem. I like to connect my tv to my laptop, and watch movies on the TV. It use to be in colour, but I recently reformatted my computer, and now when I do it, the TV is in black and white.

I think there is a super easy solution because I heard of the problem before.
I tried changing the Generic Television options, resolution and colour quality but didn't fix it.

Any light shead on this would be highly appreciated!
Thanks

i think in the process of reformatting your computer, you erased the latest video drivers you had.

try updating to the latest versions, and also check your settings in windows with the video card. it usually has some option regarding television input output.

i'm honestly not sure mate. i was speculating a problem based off of what i've seen happen to others. this is one area i don't really dabble in all that much. i deal more with building computers, and figuring out system problems like random shutdowns and the like.

sorry...i really wish i could help you more but this is the end of the line for me. i would suggest talking to Nodsu. he's more of the expert on this. there are a couple of threads at the bottom of the page that are related to this topic. and you can find him and PM him if you like.

hey dont worry about it, thanks a lot anyways. u tried and thats what really matters. much appreciated.

I have fixed the problem now anyway, there was a switch on the television that allowed me to send NTSC to it.

have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back