Connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer noob

I used to just be abke to go to "Start", then "Connect to" and start my DSL service. Now when i go to that is says "(Empty)". Even in my Network Connections folder where it showed all my connections, shows none. Even when i create a new one, it doesnt show up. I can still get on the internet though, but i have to wait for like a half hour for a DSL connection box to come up. Why cant i manually turn on DSL with the "Connect to" method anymore, and why is everything gone.

P.S. Even the little computer that is in the bottom right with the other small icons showing modem speed (100 mbps) is gone too

Im really trying to figure out what the problem is. So under Start->Control Panel->Network Connections-You see nothing?

Have you installed any new software on your PC?

yes, please expand a bit more. Things like how you connect to the DSL modem (Ethernet/USB), environmental changes (software/hardware), setup (router, pc only, ICS etc) and other things you remember happened before and after you noticed this.

Little details are important :)

AtK SpAdE- Your exactly right. But i used to be able to see them which is the weird thing

N3051M- I connect to my modem by ethernet cable. I havnt downloaded anything that would affect it, but i did change the name of my computer. That was a while ago though, and the dissapearing didnt happen till like a month into changing my comps name. I changed it back to what it used to be though, but it still hasnt helped. So i dont think thats the reason.

Please help

I remember now!!! I tried downloading service pack 2 and the installation failed. After that i believe i rebooted and then noticed the connection problem. Maybe this will help

hmm, I really am stumped here. Maybe to a system restore? Now, you say eventually you can get on the internet right? So, that means it is not a driver/NIC problem.

or if you got the cd for your ISP try reinstalling the internet connection thing off it.. maybe when you tried to install SP2 it overridden some settings vital to the connection thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back