Conspiracy Theory !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeratul

I've been thinking of this for several months now !

I feel that I'm being watched and surveilled upon from unknown internet users or organizations, why, i don't know.

Here's what I'm thinking of:
What if microsoft has made certain components inside Windows which is the most widely spread operating system to keep track of everything that happens on the WORLD's PCs for security reasons?

What if antivirus software and firewalls designers made their programs able to connect to their servers by making hidden and secret connections from internet users to them for the benefit of security agencies widely spread all over the world like the pentagon, the CIA or the FBI or the KGB or any security agency?

What if the famous chatting programs like MSN or Yahoo or Skype are being funded by any hacking agency or terrorists SECRETLY behind all our backs and maybe behind the backs of these programs' creators ?!

You might ask: Are they going to monitor and watch tens of MILLIONS of internet users?

The answer is : Maybe by creating softwares that can filter the typed words or accessed websites according to some criteria they have in their minds, and i guess in the programming world, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Please share with me your thoughts because an idea like this might be disastrous :hotbounce

i really don't think you're being monitored..mainly because the fact that such an action is illegal and it's hard to spy on millions and millions of users.
no big company would risk getting caught spying people.

really not possible imo
at least the people involved in the security sector will tell you that it is impossible in that 'mixed' OS environment

regards

Uhm.. Microsoft can't even get the visible part of their OS working. How the hell would such an all-encompassing secret monitorig system work? :p

It is not possible to make any hidden or secret network connections. At best, you can encrypt data, preventing people from seeing the contents.

But yeah, you can be pretty sure that all your IM sessions are analyzed, if not permanently stored somewhere.

Well, you might be right

N3051M said:
someones been watching too many Lone Gunmen...
LoL :D

But I think, like Nodsu, chattings can be recorded and this actually happens in googleTalk. Your chattings are stored on their servers for you to be able to later view them. (or maybe for them to view :evil: )

Not only Google.

Just imagine. You have a commercial entity who wants to make money. That entity has the means to obtain potentially valuable material (your chat sessions, e-mail, web habits). Why on earth would they not do that? Do no evil? Yeah, right.

Want proof? Remember the AOL search engine thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back