Constant BSOD under any OS

Hi, I'n new in the forum but I've been searching previous messages with my problem.

Configuración:

Desktop: Compaq Presario SG3309LA
O.S. - Windows 7 SP1 32btis

I'm triyng a solve constant BSOD a user was complaining about. The PC originally came with WinVista, but we installed Win7 Prof. Initially everything was ok, but 3 or 4 months ago the user started to complain.

I've had the PC for 4 days now and it randomly crashes even without running any progrman.

I've tried reinstalling WinVista and the crashes kept coming. I even tried running Ubuntu from a CD and once it crashes.

I've checked the memory with MemTest86+ and everything is ok
I've checked the hard-disk with the Hitachi Utility and everything is ok

The problem doesn't ocurr in safe mode, only while running a normal mode.

I've tried installing a video card instead of the integrated one and the problem still ocurrs.

I really don't have a clue what's going on. I'm attaching a couple of minidumps to see if you can help me with this.

Attachments

• 032212-17409-01.dmp
    149.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 032212-17924-01.dmp
    157.1 KB · Views: 1
SYSTEM_THERAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
AMD8.SYS is an AMD CPU driver

"The problem doesn't ocurr in safe mode, only while running a normal mode" You should know that this almost always indicates that it IS a driver issue. How does the driver AMD8.sys relate here? This could be a motherboard issue...

Oh my!

Well it makes sense. We are a small businees and we bought 2 computers of this kind. The other one is starting to present the same problem. But the other one's is not as serious. The user states that he gets a BSOD almost everyday when he powers up the PC. After that he can work without a problem the rest of the day.

I'm attaching two more dumps. These ones occured when the PC was working with a PCI-E graphic card. The problem acutally ocurred more often (I got a BSOD after4 or 5 min after the power up).

If we are talking about a motherboard issue, the I guess I can consider both PC's "dead"?

Attachments

• 032312-17752-01.dmp
    137.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 032312-18922-01.dmp
    137.1 KB · Views: 1
You could try replacing the memory for test proposes, and the same AMD8.sys is still present

Btw, all dumps submited occured in a "freshly" installed Windows 7 SP1. No updates, no 3rd party drivers, no addiontal programs installed.

I wonder... how is it possible that I can run Memtest86+ for hours... Hitachi disk test for hours... windows 7 in safe mode for hours, and nothing happens? Everythins is runs stable. But the momento I run any O.S. "freshly installed" the damm BSOD kick in :(

I'm gonna try to replace the memory and keep you posted. I hope the problem is a replaceable hardware related issue

Hi again.

Apparently the issue has been solved. I changed the memory and so far the PC is working fine.

It's really weird. I run MemTest86+ overnight and it never detected any error.

Also I installed the "defective" memory on a PC running WinXP and the PC is running stable. But when I switch the mem back to the Win7 PC crashes occur again.

Anyway. Thanks for the help. You have been very helpful.

Back