Constant errors for no apparent reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i have been having a lot of errors the past few weeks and they have no explanation.Example.I came back to my pc after lunch yesterday and it seems that the pc has stopped detecting the card still even after a restart.Programs shut down by htemselves with the usual wondows error message.YOu know the one where you can press "Send" or "Dont Send"

Anyway i think it might be spyware but im not sure.I recently scanned it with SPybot and it removed ProRAT and Iopus.

Any ideas anyone?

I have attached a Hijackthis log in case someone sees anything there that shouldnt be.

Thanks

go here be sure to follow all instructions then re-post with a fresh hjt

you dont seem to have a firewall, you could try the free firewall from zonealarm or sygate

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If your version of Flashget is the free version, uninstall it ASAP as it carries adware. The paid for version is safe.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*

O16 - DPF: {A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF} (Autodesk DWF Viewer Control) - http://www.autodesk.com/global/dwfviewer/installer/DwfViewerSetup.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = Pjwalls.Local
O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName = Pjwalls.Local
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = Pjwalls.Local

Only fix the above 017 entries, if they don`t belong to your ISP.

O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

tomrca said:
question for howard. is 'flashget.exe' a suspect for worms?

Flashget is a completely legit programme. It`s a download manager. However, only the paid version is recommended, as the free version carries adware.

Regards Howard :)

yes i have the paid version.its worth the money.and thanks for the help.

And im a bit curious about these two entries

Code:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

What are they exactly?

The O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k entry is the Windows error reprting tool. It doesn`t need to be run on startup.

The O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing) entry is inactive, hence the file missing. it is part of the network diagnostic tools.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back