Constantly have to repair connection, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this one has managed to elude me for long enough now, by the powers of grayskull and all that i ask for help to banish this demon from my network.

Basically i use bitcomet alot, but by using bitcomet, with maybe just one download running it can make it so i can't get a webpage up or it's very slow browsing despite the fact my connection is 2mb service and the download is only consuming say about 15kb/s so i thought maybe i have connections limited. but also another strange thing is that sometimes the router locks up and i have to restart that also i have to repair the internet connection every day or two.

So i'm no fed up of this poor service. Any ideas? i'm thinking it could be down to the router but i am not sure, don't wanna have to pay out more money if possible to avoid. the router is a belkin 54g wireless router, although currently the wireless has been switched off. the firmware is uptodate on the router and i've tried it with all sorts of different configurations.

I get the impression it's bottlenecking somewhere and it could well be down to the connections.

Do you have port forwarding set up for the bitcomet?

The router could be getting a bunch of internet side traffic it doesn't know how to route and that could be slowing it down.

Plus setting up port forwarding will increase your Bitcomet speed (15kb/s is slow).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back