Cooling ATI X1900XTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

taimuraly

Bought a Sapphire ATI X1900 XTX and love it. Want to know how much can I pump it up on stock fan.
Also would like to know the best cooling solution out there and how much could I max on that.
Tried using ATI Tools - program for overclocking - auto max function and temp when to 82. :eek: Got scarced and never used it again - scared of screwing up my card. (as u can see am a newb when it comes to overclocking cards :eek: )
Hope you all respond. Thanks.

Ya cheak out the Accelero its the best right now for the price. Also don't use the ati tool- find max clock feature. Do it yourself. Slowly raise the clock and mem speeds manualy and then run the artifact finder feature and let it run for a while. If no artifats are present then your good and you can raise em more but if there are artifacts lower your speeds.

Hope that helped

Also there are plenty of sites one how to overclocking using ati tool

Just be patient

There's plenty of other GC OC tools out there too, although ATItool is the most popular.

Maybe it is for good reason too :D

Either way, I think the Accelero is overrated. I've got nothing to back this statement tho, but you might be interested in reading some bad reviews on it (gives you an idea of what to expect).

Frostyr0d said:
My X1900XT is at 105 degrees :D

well, around 80c load is normal for those kind of cards.

That's way to high it should be at max 65 C-70c scarry that is and you don't even seem woried. Trust me that is way to high.

Frostyr0d said:
Bought new cooler.

It is now 60 degrees idle and 85 degrees load.
As said above, that's still way to high. Mine runs around 48/50 at idle and max's out at around 75. And that's with the stock cooler, and three 120 mm case fans, one in the front and two in the back of the case.

I've looked at the Arctic Cooling Accelero 2, but after feeling all the super hot air coming out the pci slot of the stock cooler, I just can't see putting all that hot air back inside my case. I think I'll stick with the stock cooler for now. I'm not overclocking anyway, and from everything I've seen my temps are about normal for a 1900XTX with stock cooling.

110'c

The maximum safe operating temperature for a 1900 series graphics card is stated as 110'C... They are very durable and do get warm! (Sod running it that hot though!) Try to keep it below 70'C

Seriously, tweaking a lower range card to enhance performance is not a bad idea. But when you have a card that is tuned to 625Mhzcpu/1445Mhz mem speed as STANDARD! Are you insane?
Seriously the X1900 series is more than capabale of giving you superb performance in ANY game that you may wish to play!
Also overclocking your card may not necessarilly give you a better performance! What ever you do has to be done is such a way to balance the frequencies to get the optimum performance out of the card. IN addition to this if you fry it because you do not fully understand what you are doing BANG!!! there goes £250.00!!!

You paid the money to get the pereformance and have invested in a superb card! Now enjoy I gaurantee that at normal settings you will never get less than 40FPS with all settings on max for the games that you play... Enjoy dude..

I have the same card and have never messed with it.. The only time that I would condier tweaking it is if I decided to go the whole hog and Xfire it for a widescreen with F off resolution. On a normal computer with a 19" Screen it is just NOT worth the effort!

Yea, I agree, don't bother overclocking that beast.. its so powerful you wont need an overclock because it can run pretty much everything perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back