Cooling Chassis Fan

By puteruser2005 ยท 4 replies
Jan 27, 2005
  1. Chassis Cooling Fan

    c l e a r e d
  2. vegasgmc

    vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

    Fans are pretty much the same, they just come in different sizes such as 40mm and 80mm. You can get a replacement at any computer or electronics store for as little as $5.
  3. Paul

    Paul TS Rookie Posts: 58

    If you are not interetsed in performance and just want basic cooling use any 12volt 80mm fan which is a standard tower fan,If you are interested in a quite fan go with a pabst/evercool or vantec,look for noise level of 20-23 this should be silent,air flow can be 26-30 cfm,Most quite fans run at 2000 to 2200rpm and this is plenty for cooling,look for a double ball bearing fan these are the best If your not worried about noise or how long it will last go with any generic fan.
  4. RealBlackStuff

    RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

    As long as you get a 90mm fan, 12v, any brand will do. The quieter the fan, the more money you pay, but even a good one is no more than $10.- Look at the connector -plug of the old fan, get the same on the new one.
  5. puteruser2005

    puteruser2005 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    c l e a r e d
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...