Core 2 Duo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon08

Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba laptop with a Core 2 Duo processor. When I was once checking System Properties, it indicated that I have two 1.8 Ghz processors.

However, when I checked Device Manager, it showed that one of the processors was 1.8 Ghz, while the other was 2.0 Ghz. How so?

And what's more, I just checked it again a min ago, and now even in Device Manager it says that both are 1.8 Ghz.

It's really confusing. Does anyone have an explanation?

Well, how fast are they supposed to be in the first place?

Intel "speedstep" throttles the cores depending on need.

You best info will come from checking what the BIOS information says about the CPU.

Supposedly they were 1,8 Ghz. Btw, I couldn't find anything in BIOS. It only stated about hard drive and memory.

My bad, the information about the CPU is actually displayed on the BIOS boot screen. This is with an "Award BIOS", your laptop may be different.
There are programs available to display all the system information you could ever imagine, the question being do you actually want or need one of them. As it stands, all you've encountered is an idiosyncratic moment or two. It doesn't seem like a problem, as least for now. Many times a CPU is not actually running at the exact stated clock frequency. If it were far off or continued to display an abnormality I would worry, but for now, meh.

My bad, the information about the CPU is actually displayed on the BIOS boot screen. This is with an "Award BIOS", your laptop may be different.
There are programs available to display all the system information you could ever imagine, the question being do you actually want or need one of them. As it stands, all you've encountered is an idiosyncratic moment or two. It doesn't seem like a problem, as least for now. Many times a CPU is not actually running at the exact stated clock frequency. If it were far off or continued to display an abnormality I would worry, but for now, meh.

Yeah, well it's not really a problem, it's just that it puzzles me and would like to find an answer to why once it would display it in that way and once in the other...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back