1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Corsair launches its first desktop gaming PC

By Shawn Knight · 13 replies
Mar 23, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. PC hardware and accessory maker Corsair surprised everyone earlier this year when it announced Corsair One, its first ever pre-built gaming PC (not to be confused with its Bulldog line of mini-ITX barebones kits from a few years back).

Details on the One were sparse when revealed but now with reviews available, we’ve got plenty more information to share.

The Corsair One starts at $1,799.99 for the base model (there’s also a Pro model and a Ti variant, the latter of which pushes the cost up to $2,599.99). At the entry level, you get a liquid cooled Intel Core i7-7700, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, a Z270 motherboard and an Nvidia GTX 1070 graphics card as well as a 240GB SSD, a 1TB hard drive, an 80 Plus Gold power supply and Windows 10 Home.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, you’ll find a liquid cooled Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti and a 960GB solid state drive.

As for the aesthetics, the Corsair One reminds me a lot of SilverStone’s older FT03 chassis (it may very well be built by SilverStone; I’m not as familiar with case designs as I once was). It ships assembled with a two-year warranty, has plenty of I/O connectivity (good news for prospective VR gamers), is bloatware-free and is said to be very quiet for what it is.

The system looks to be well designed in a nice, compact bundle but such attention to detail and assembly shows at checkout – especially if you’re the type that’s used to building your own rigs. Something else that’s sure to turn tinkerers off? Opening the case, a move that will apparently void the warranty.

The Corsair One is available from today via multiple online retailers including Amazon and Newegg. We have a full review of the Corsair One coming soon as well so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that.

Permalink to story.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 8,647   +3,280

I haven't seen anything exciting from Corsair for ages now. The last thing I remember taking an interest in was their H100 AIO from about 8 years ago which I bought then subsequently went back to air cooling a year later.

3. amstech

amstech IT Overlord Posts: 1,964   +1,140

[​IMG]

Humza, Reehahs, gusticles41 and 4 others like this.
  4. Kenrick

Kenrick TS Evangelist Posts: 629   +403

I hope they sell the case. Reminds me of silverstone trash can cases but more modern in looks. Time to downsize my inwin 901.

5. Evernessince

Evernessince TS Evangelist Posts: 2,990   +2,174

Not just enthusiasts either

"It ships assembled with a two-year warranty"

That warranty is pitiful for an entire desktop. I guess they really aren't confident in the quality.

Reehahs likes this.
  6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Grand Inquisitor Posts: 5,228   +4,362

Corsair: Check out our new prebuilt.

People who don't buy prebuilts: It's not tinker-friendly!

Casuals: Take my money!

Corsair: Gladly.

7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 2,256   +772

A water cooled non-K part with a Z270 mobo? Um...

8. davislane1

davislane1 TS Grand Inquisitor Posts: 5,228   +4,362

Makes sense in this application. Not much room for a decent fan setup inside the case:

https://youtu.be/XdtZEcppLQY?t=6m8s

9. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 2,256   +772

I'm just being petty, but the One Pro comes with a 7700K, uses the same case and is still passively cooled. And why pair a base system water cooled 7700 with a Z270 that doesn't even have an M.2 slot and costs more than an H270 and then charge $1800 for it?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  10. Reehahs

Reehahs TS Guru Posts: 692   +426

What is this trend of adding lights to trash cans? Can I get a light up trash can without stuff already in it? It would make it easy to see where you missed your trash shots in the dark.

spydercanopus and Evernessince like this.
  11. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 1,581   +1,035

Not enough LEDs for my taste.

12. JaymondoGB

JaymondoGB TS Enthusiast Posts: 38   +12

Another vendor, so full of greed, that its happy to screw over it system builders for that extra buck.

13. Agnomen

Agnomen TS Enthusiast Posts: 16   +14

No front panel audio and only one USB port on the front. Feels bad man.

14. Ginnfizz

Ginnfizz TS Rookie