Corsair launches T2 Road Warrior gaming chair

Shawn Knight

Staff member

It’s not unusual for PC enthusiasts and gamers to overlook certain aspects of their setup. You’ll drop a couple thousand bucks on a shiny new system but completely overlook other critical aspects like your desk or chair (I know first-hand as I spent many years using high-end systems on a plastic folding desk).

If you find yourself in a similar situation and finally have the motivation (or money) to do something about it, Corsair’s new T2 Road Warrior chair might be worth a look.

Offered in a variety of color schemes (black, blue, yellow, white and red trims), the Corsair T2 Road Warrior is officially rated to support up to 300 pounds. It features an aluminum seat base, a steel frame coated in polyurethane foam and five rollerblade-style polyurethane wheels that should roll easily without damaging fragile floors. The leather isn’t genuine but at this price point, one wouldn’t expect that.

Corsair says the wide seat, tall back and deep seat cushion provide day-long comfort for even the most demanding gaming sessions. The angle of the base can be adjusted, as can the armrests and the back of the seat (recline). A gas-powered lift can raise or lower the seat by 3.3-inches. There’s even micro fiber-wrapped neck and lumbar pillows that provide additional support.

Corsair’s T2 Road Warrior is available as of writing with prices starting at $349.99 over on Newegg. It looks like you'll need to manually assemble the chair although that shouldn't be too difficult if you follow Corsair's build video.

Permalink to story.

These chairs are not gaming chairs.

Gamers don't sit upright and lean into their monitors like people do in work environments. They sit lower and laid back. Gaming chairs sit real low.

Any chair that doesn't lower itself closer to the ground, than a standard chair... is just a tricked-out office chair. Sitting height is important, and none of these chairs have offset casters, etc.

Gamers don't sit upright and lean into their monitors like people do in work environments. They sit lower and laid back. Gaming chairs sit real low.

Any chair that doesn't lower itself closer to the ground, than a standard chair... is just a tricked-out office chair. Sitting height is important, and none of these chairs have offset casters, etc.
"Tricked out"??

This is a $350 chair... good office chairs run $1000 or more... this is just a crappy chair that they slapped a "gamer" label on.

Just discovered this supposedly "gaming" chair quite recently when I was shopping for an office chair. was actually surprised it looks very much like a striped down version of a racing seat slapped to a steel frame and armrests. except accent colors are hideous even for me.

overall it looks decent but I doubt it would stay long at the market. although I applaud corsair for having the guts to create something that is not related to PC itself. I went DIY route many years back to create a swivel chair out of an unused car seat and a G27 cockpit using another one.

what's next? gaming grade air quality products? perhaps a gaming oriented air humidifier or dehumidifier for maximum gaming experience?

Well this is technically a copy of the DX racer chairs.

I actually have a dx racer since 2012 and I absolutely love it. Its confortable and when you want to watch some videos pull the crank and lay back.

Im a fps player so the height mentionned above makes no sense to me

$349 is actually a pretty good deal for a chair like this - most comfy gaming chairs cost upwards of $500-$700.

I'd probably save up for a few months and pick this puppy up. Currently, I'm using a Ficmax chair, which is also surprisingly good for the price (far from perfect, though) at around $190. It has pretty much an identical shape.

You want a good computer chair, you buy Herman Miller. Everything else is crap. Examples.

Nothing beats Herman Miller Aeron, it is the absolute best for IT professionals.

Had a choice this past Christmas for a 1080ti or an Embody. 1080 won out but only because the chair doesn't print money.

"Tricked out"??

This is a $350 chair... good office chairs run $1000 or more... this is just a crappy chair that they slapped a "gamer" label on.

Correct^
"Gaming Chair" is a marketing gimmick. Chairs don't care what you do in them, sitting and ergo-comfort is their purpose. As mentioned, high-end office chairs make far better options than compromising.

edit:
BTW, "tricked out" as in bling, or superficial features that are just marketing glitz. (Fancy Stitching, etc.)

"Tricked out"??

Well, $1k if you are buying hermon miller. You can get essentially the same thing from the Office Depot brand for $350 with the same 10 year warranty. The chair above would stand up to either chair's quality.

"Gaming" Chairs are just like "Gaming" headphones, both are just cheap imitations of other products. The best chairs are office chairs because good posture and being comfortable apply to everyone sitting in a chair. "Gaming" chairs on the other hand have a large focus on looks.

Back