Could the pc shutdown suddenly cause by graphic card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro199

My newly built computer just shutdown suddenly every time I push the start button. The computer won't stay any longer than one minute. I have thought about the power problems so I take the computer (without the monitor) and plug in another power surge, the computer starts and stays for more than five minutes after I shut it down with the power button.

Now I connect the monitor with the computer, but same problem occurs; the computer shuts down by itself. When I test the computer with another monitor, it works fine after I switched the DVI connector. By the way, I connect and plug everything together back to the original power surge and it's not the problem. I connect my origin monitor and it works fine too. Everything was not change except I switched the DVI connector in the graphic card.

So is the problem involved the graphic card's DVI connector? I have done some researches over the internet and I have not found any sudden pc shutdown is cause by the DVI connector. Everything I have found is relate to failure power supplies, dead motherboard and cpu overheating. More importantly, my computer don't seem to have these problems.

I'm seeking some advice from you guys to see if I omit some something that might be another cause of shutdown because I really want a stable computer that I built for myself. My dad gets mad at me every time the computer is having some weird problems. Anyway my computer seems to work fine for now but I don't expect it to be stable.

Here are some of my computer's specifications:
MB JETWAY 939GT4L-G-VC NF4SLI 939
AMD Athlon 64 3200
BFG Nvidia Geforce 7600GT

You might want to open the computer's case up and check the mainboard for bad caps. If you see raised caps or brown liquid oozing out then your mainboard has bad caps and needs to be replaced. This is a leading cause of computers shutting down for no appearent reason.

Check out this site for more information on bad caps
http://www.badcaps.net/

Ummm, Well, I Followed That Link And.....

I think that's what we need, a conspiracy theory to liven things up around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back