Could This RAM upgrade have ruined my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaUnknown

Ok well im using a crappy HP right now but i had 1.5 gb of RAM in it. I wanted to add another g stick in there to make it 2.5 but once i added my preformance actually slowed down. Ive taken out the extra stick to get it to its usual amount but its still f'ed up. Could the RAM upgrade have burned my MOBO? My PSU is louder than it usually is now and my games and programs arent what they were before i tried to add the other stick in. I reset my BIOS and its still the same. Is there any way to just reset and make it forget that i even put that in there?

With those older computers, the replacement memory type has to be exactly like the original and there might be a low max limit too... I have an HP Pavilion 6630 (2000) It has PC100 SDRAM. It came with 64MB and it's max memory is 256MB. The processor is an Intel Celeron 500MHz running XP Pro, SP3 slowly ;)

Ok well im using a crappy HP right now but i had 1.5 gb of RAM in it. I wanted to add another g stick in there to make it 2.5 but once i added my preformance actually slowed down. Ive taken out the extra stick to get it to its usual amount but its still f'ed up. Could the RAM upgrade have burned my MOBO? My PSU is louder than it usually is now and my games and programs arent what they were before i tried to add the other stick in. I reset my BIOS and its still the same. Is there any way to just reset and make it forget that i even put that in there?

might be problem with static on the other chips of ram, use memtest to check if they are ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back