Counter-Strike Closes

Status
Not open for further replies.

souton

hey, i just got a new nvidia geforce 6800 GT 256mb and when i play counter-strike, after about 5-15 minutes (random times), it closes out and takes me back to the desktop, this is really making me mad. does anyknow what the problem could be?

also- when i load half-life2, as soon as it loads, my computer restarts :(
can anyone help me??

Ive been having the same problem with Opposing Force and it turned out to be my wireless mouse program causing it.

sometimes my whole computer will restart, i made it so it won't reboot and gives me the blue screen.. is there anyway that is logged somewhere so i can post it ?

That sounds like something is overheating or you have a bad video driver. If you're using XP there is an Event Viewer in Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Are you getting a STOP message with the blue screen? Post what it says.

i looked in the event viewer, i have quiet some Error messages, but none of them tell me about the computer restarting or games closing out. for example, the last Error one says:

Fault bucket 163643064.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

that's it.

Pc restarting in counterstrike.

I recently had a problem arise that brought me to the web looking for an answer.The problem i had was that when I play CS my pc would do a complete reboot.When it first started I could play for a half our before it would reboot and in about a weeks time it got to the point of rebooting as soon as I spawned in the game.I took all the advice and cleaned the machine it was quite dusty.I monitored the cpu and system temps.I also did a defrag and a mem test.I didnt let the test complete because it was only fifty five percent complete after about 32 hours.I had a good feeling it was a bad memory module. But i didnt know if it was the system memory or the grafics memory.So I took the easiest path first and pulled one stick of memory at a time and whalla! My problem was solved. I can play CS to my hearts content.So I thought I would pass that on in the hopes of saving you folks some time and energy.If any one wants more details feel free to email me at hatsnail@maine.rr.com. Thanks for everyones input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back