Cpu fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone, last night i decided once again it was time to clean the dust from my PC. anyway I removed my cpu fan to get rid of all the dust and put it back, however now when i try to turn the PC on the screen stays black and it doesn't make the usual beep noise, instead it sounds like a small click and nothing happens. the fan is going still so its not the power or anything like that. Any ideas? puke:

I am going to school now, be back in about 7 hours. Thanks in advance to anyones advice!

Welcome to Techspot........... Bob

Anyway your dilemma begs the question.Since everything was fine before you cleaned up .right?
Then backtrack. Check all connections(Not seated , reversed etc.) . Where you careful with Static.
Did you remove cpu from Heatsink ? If not bent pin?
If yes ... Did you clean and put new paste?
If all fails , troubleshoot like it was a new build, and disconnect everything eccept the essentials, and go one step at s time.

Yes everything was fine before, and I did backtrack, the only thing i can think of is the fan. I checked everything else and it seemed fine. Didn't touch the cpu at all, I was thinking that maybe i didn't put it back in right or something.

well for one the cpu fan not being connected or not running will not keep the system from showing an image on the monitor.. you need to retake all steps and make sure that you have all the needed wires on the mother board in the right places so on and so forth... good luck mate

hmmm thanks, still no luck I will probably take it somewhere tomorow to get it looked at. :suspiciou

"Problem\wcomput", this thread is two years old and the thread-starter probably won't reply. If you'd like help with your issue, start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back