Cpu Overheating Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i need help with my new pc that i recently bought, for some reason my intel q9300 is running at an idle temperature of about 50 degrees celcius but then when i try to play a game it gets into like the 90 range and then eventually shuts down. im pretty sure installed the fan properly, not perfect but it still sits there fine enough, it uses a really annoying system to get in though, you have to like click it in or some crap but it feels like the motherboard is going to break when i do it too hard. its not the fans fault, im using a coolmaster 690 case with 4 fans inside plus the cpu and power supply fan, plus the graphics card fan which is all working fine.

the temperature must be fairly accurate too because the cpu was incredibly hot when i touched it lol.

any help would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks alot.

so its most likely my fault or the heatsinks fault? not the cpu itself?

thanks for that video im going to try it again now.

my cpu didnt come with any thermal paste though and the heatsink doesnt seem to have anything on it, is that a problem?>

Thermal paste is critical to survival of the CPU. Apply as thin as possible, as too thick acts as an insulator.

yea its working fine now thanks to that youtube video, thanks alot. i might buy some thermalpaste or something or a better fan soon.

If u are not overclocking the CPU, which I do not believe u are. the stock cooler should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back