Cpu software help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is an HP pavilion 511 n which has Microsoft XP professional and has an Intel Celeron (TM) CPU 1300 MHz ,1.29 GHz and 128 MB of RAM . I am running SBC Yahoo DSL on it and it is running extremely slow and is taking forever to minimize, maximize and load pages. It is going slower than AOL and It doesnt make much sense since DSL is a lot faster connection. I have gotten rid of as much spyware as possible but that doesnt seem to be the problem seeing as the CPU is being hogged by something and will not stabilize and when i click on the performance tab it is always ranging from 80-100% and will not stabalize. I was told to reinstall windows but for one i cannot find the disk and two I was wondering if i could fix the problem a little bit easier by maybe getting a CPU free ware tool that would stabalize the processor and make it run faster does anyone have any suggestions. please help

Hey there, try this!

First, have you tried disk cleanup? Have you tried to defragment your drive? Have you deleted temperary interntet files, cookies, history, etc? Do you have a virus protection program like NORTON? Did you run that? Did you recently install any programs? Give me a little bit more details on what you have tried so I can pinpoint the problem!

triplate said:
Get at least 384megs of Ram on there..128 is rediculous.

I agree with triplate get some mor ram preferably 512mb. Once you have got more ram you should see a big improvement in performance.

As regards spyware etc go HERE and follow the instructions exactly. print them out if you can.

Once you have done that go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back