CPU Temperature Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a tiny concern about my processor temperature. In idle it's 40c and while i'm doing stuff on it , it goes up to 60-65c ... i got a core 2 quad 8300 ... is that normal ? From my research it seems to be ok , but i want to be sure.
Thanks in advance.

those temps are ok, the upper thermal limit on the 8300 is 72c. if you find it pushing that,invest $30 on an aftermarket HS/F.

ditto on red 1776.

Any reason you're concerned? Did you run into problems, or did you decide to run some temp check and decided to confirm its okay?

If you are running into problems, running prime 95 with your temp sensor would stress your system (hopefully!) enough to create problems.

I use Everest to check the temps , i didn't run into any problem and i want to keep it that way , with no problems , that's why i wanna make sure it's ok. But as Red said , i should invest 30 bucks to get a nice cooling device , then i will be 100% sure :)

Thanks for the help !

red said "if" your tems are reaching 72C, which they clearly aren't. 60-65C is normal load temps.

Of course, don't let me stop you from spending 30 bux on a cool looking cooling device :D

Depending on exacly which aftermarket cooler you get, for 30 bux you shouldn't expect to bring the temps below 55C I reckon.

Depending on exacly which aftermarket cooler you get, for 30 bux you shouldn't expect to bring the temps below 55C I reckon.
Oh I don't know, but I would guess you'd probably go a bit lower than that...the q8300 isn't a very fast quad core, and its a 32nm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back