Creating SATA drivers floppy (Do I need a floppy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

EDIT: Ok... So I need to create a SATA floppy, which I didn't know I need to create (yes, I am using a Sata 1 drive). So, how do you create this floppy drive (gladly I have a second machine with a floppy)? I just need the general idea of it (how to create the floppy itself so it "works"), I'll take care of finding the correct drivers themselves...

(Admins, is it possible that you rename my thread to something like "creating SATA drivers floppy"?)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning all!

My parts are [supposed] to come today (well, the rest of them, that is). So I should be building my new system in a few days or so. But for the windows installation, do I need a floppy drive, too? So far I've bought only a DVD/CD ROM so I can install from any kind of CD/DVD (plus its very cheap if you aren't saving data on discs), so I should be able to get by. But I want to make sure that somewhere in the middle of the process of installing something it says "please make a floppy with [insert what here] and boot up from it to [insert action here]".

Thanks for your help in advance.

In the beginning of the installation it says you should press F6 to load additional drivers. You don't know what these additional drivers are or you are already away making a sandwich in the kitchen, so the message disappears and the setup continues.

Later on, if you have a SATA hard drive, the WIndows installerwill say that it can't find any hard drives. And then, when you ask someone about this pecualiar message, you are told that you should have made a special floppy disk containing SATA drivers and pressed that F6 key :p

Oh-oh....

Nodsu said:
In the beginning of the installation it says you should press F6 to load additional drivers. You don't know what these additional drivers are or you are already away making a sandwich in the kitchen, so the message disappears and the setup continues.

Later on, if you have a SATA hard drive, the WIndows installerwill say that it can't find any hard drives. And then, when you ask someone about this pecualiar message, you are told that you should have made a special floppy disk containing SATA drivers and pressed that F6 key :p

Oh-oh, this saved me some trouble and worries after I built my machine... Anyways, read on.

Ok... So I need to create a SATA floppy, which I didn't know I need to create (yes, I am using a Sata 1.5 drive). So, how do you create this floppy drive (gladly I have a second machine with a working floppy drive)? I just need the general idea of it (how to create the floppy itself so it "works"), I'll take care of finding the correct drivers themselves...

Lets see...

So, lets see here...

1) I open my motherboard cd...
2) Find makedisk.exe on it.
3) Insert a floppy disk and run makedisk.exe.
4) Make sure it worked by verifying that there are files on the floppy.
5) Done - my sata floppy is done.

hi
the system wil only ask for SATA drivvers if u are usingg service pack 1
the windows XP SP 2 has SATA drivers and does not ask forr a floopy , it will pick up the hard drive , the SATA drivers are easyily avalible , just copy to a disk and thenin case the system asks tfor itt just insert the floppy

es84 said:
hi
the system wil only ask for SATA drivvers if u are usingg service pack 1
the windows XP SP 2 has SATA drivers and does not ask forr a floopy , it will pick up the hard drive
Rubbish

Windows does work with better SATA controllers that know how to emulate a PATA controller that Windows supports. No, such advanced stuff is not integrated on motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back