Creative Labs unveils gaming headsets with embedded Axx processor

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Creative Technology on Wednesday announced two new wireless headsets, the Creative Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx, that feature an embedded multi-core Sound Blaster SB-Axx1 processor designed to boost the overall quality of music, movies, games and...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52883-creative-labs-unveils-gaming-headsets-with-embedded-axx-processor.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

VitalyT

They didn't go all the way with this, adding a small flash storage so one can download MP3-s right into the unit and play independently. Now that would be interesting...

Quick, before somebody patents this and sells as iHeadphones! :)

Jad Chaar

They didn't go all the way with this, adding a small flash storage so one can download MP3-s right into the unit and play independently. Now that would be interesting...

Quick, before somebody patents this and sells as iHeadphones! :)

That would require a subscription ;) lol. Record companies will never allow that :(.

Puiu

TechSpot Elite
I kinda saw this coming for a very long time and I actually think they needed to do this much, much earlier. but the price points are a bit too high. maybe when others release something similar we'll get better prices.

Jad Chaar

I kinda saw this coming for a very long time and I actually think they needed to do this much, much earlier. but the price points are a bit too high. maybe when others release something similar we'll get better prices.

Yeah, I am not to big into headsets, but I have never heard of Creative Labs other than sound cards. They cant keep up with the marketing of bigger companies like Razer and Logitech.