Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

By dechief ยท 5 replies
Aug 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have been examining my soundblaster 2 ZS and noticed the cable connection on the right side of the card. Can anyone tell me what cable will connect to this receptical and what it is used for? Appreciate any help/ Thanks
  2. EXCellR8

    EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

    you're probably looking at the header for the front panel on the case or the CD-R drive connection
  3. dechief

    dechief TS Rookie Topic Starter

    I'm looking from the installed card from the outside. The cable connector is on the right side of the card. It's installed horizonally. I have no idea what the connection is for.

  4. EXCellR8

    EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

    it may be for a game controller... some of the older cards have that option for misc devices. it's sort of like a COM port.
  5. Tanlic

    Tanlic TS Rookie Posts: 47

    I was trying to find out how neccessary all these creative drivers are and came across something to do with Analog cables? Didn't it come with a cable that fits the connection?

    Seems every driver they have is critical like your comp will crash right now if you don't have them.
  6. dechief

    dechief TS Rookie Topic Starter

    No, the card came with the computer. I have never seen anything like the connector nor the cable. (you would think it would come with the card as I think about it) but
    I don't recall any information on the connector. It's rather puzzling. Hey thanks
    for the info. I've been trying to find out something about this for quite a while and
    so far no luck.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...