Creative T7900 Inspire, Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I'm a bit new to this forums, however I have been looking around this site and decided to request aid regarding my matter.

I built a new system at the start of the year:

Motherboard: Asus A8N-E SKT 939 NFORCE 4 AUDIO LAN PCI-Express ATX
CPU: AMD (Venice) Athlon 64 3500+ 939pin 512Kb L2 Cache 90nm
GPX: GeForce 7800GT
Memory: 1GB DDR RAM

(Thats the rough information)

And about 3 nights ago my PSU overheated, but before knowing it was the PSU, I flashed the bios. Got a new PSU and everything seems great, HOWEVER:

(Problem starts here):
When I first got this 7.1 sound system at the same time I built my computer (Creative T7900 Inspire), the speakers were working PERFECTLY fine. But however, for some reason, one of my "Front Rear" speakers was acting weird. Sometimes there is no sound coming out of it and sometimes it seems to crackle up to get the sound out again. But when I plugged that particular speakers into other ports, it worked PERFECTLY fine yet again. So I have no idea where is the problem, I assume its the sub-woofer, but damn, it's not been a year and its done for already?

Well, like I said, my PSU overheated 3 nights ago, flashed the bios and took it to an actualy computer shop to get it clearly checked (to ensure it IS the PSU). I came home, hooked everything up, and now BOTH of my "Front Rear" speakers are not working Yet again, its the same, when I plug these two speakers in other ports and done test on them, they work fine. Other than that, its useless.

I use the on-board soundcard which is the ALC850 audio codec and I also updated the the driver before, I done again when I came back with the FIXED system. Yet I have no luck ><

I wonder if someone can gimme some advice or even tell me what to do in order to solve this. Its really annoying me as for the fact I cannot watch any videos or hear any music coming from websites (as the front rear speakers are like the main speakers to be used).

My friend said it might be the bios setting, as it was flashed, however, I can't seem to find a option about sound settings etc, apart from it asked me whether I want the ALC850 to "Enable" or not.

Thanks for the replies (if there are^^)

Could be a dodgy port that connects the speakers to the mobo..
try wiggling the cables a bit..
tried updated drivers?
check the mobo jumper settings and/or headers to see if its on properly..
if all fails, get yourself a proper interface.

wriggling the cables on the mobo? or the audio leads goin to it?

Yeah, I've updated the drivers, un-install and re-install. I'll check the mobo jumper settings, coz I flashed it before, so thatz something i hav to do.

Would everything be all solved if I was to get a sound card?

wriggling the cables on the mobo? or the audio leads goin to it?
Well specificaly the jacks that plug your speakers to the port on the back of the mobo..

have you tried pluging in other/different speakers into those two suspect ports yet?

Would everything be all solved if I was to get a sound card?
Well, theoreticaly.. since having a proper audio card would be new hardware independant of the motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back