Critical system driver is missing or corrupt staus 0xc00000e9 file: windows\system32\

After getting my laptop (esystem) back from a charlatan that wanted to charge me 80 quid for getting rid of my bios password, i found the password and found that windows xp had been installed on it! the os was vista, i tried to reinstall vista but to no avail due to a message saying : windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt staus 0xc00000e9 file: windows\system32\drivers\acpi.sys
ican't get past this
any help would be appriciated, thanks.

hm ... I think that is referring to your HDD drivers. If you don't have a drivers disk already, then:

1.) Enter your BIOS
2.) Write down the make and model of your HDD
3.) Download the drivers for your HDD from it's manufacturer's website.
4.) Burn the driver to a disk (a jump drive might work, I can't remember)
5.) Your Windows installation menu should have a "load drivers" option some where.

EDIT: Nice catch, Archean! My tired brain didn't pick-up on that time-saving possibility.

There is more simpler solution to this, probability is that technician (or whoever he was) has changed the BIOS settings with regard to HDD, i.e. from original ACHI/SATA to IDE emulation (as XP can't see SATA drives out of the box). Hence, if you change the settings back to its original state in BIOS, you should be able to restore vista. Regards

thanks for your help, tried everything and took it to another technician, found the problems staight away, one knackered hard drive! he put me a new one in and hey presto one brilliantly working laptop, will stick to tried and tested technicians in the future if i can manage to get it sorted, thanks for your help

Back