DANGER: SPYWARE Desktop Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,
i stupidly got this spyware onto my computer that made my desktop change red saying.... DANGER: SPYWARE, and RazeSpyware links appearing. I was able to get rid of the desktop spyware, but now my desktop is a white htm file that i cannot seem to be able to get rid of.... i need some help, it would be very much appreciated.

heres an image of my desktop.... http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desktop7qs.jpg

Have you tried to switch Active Desktop off?
Rightclick on the Desktop, select Properties. If you have a Web tab, UNtick both options.

thats the thing i dont have a web tab in my properties, and the only way i can access my destop properties is by going to the control panel

i played a bit with the registry and was finally able to get the "web tab" in the desktop properties - desktop - customize desktop, avaliable. i dont really know what i did but its there now. so now my desktop is now back to normal :D. thanks guys for trying to help me out it is very much appreciated.

Yeah I repaired it then registery after removing the spyware but it was about a year ago and couldn't remember exactly how to do it so i didn't wanna give you dodgy advice....
Fair play you showed some initiative and fixed it your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back