DDR3 Ram upgrade x box 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
could anyone in here advaice me if it possible to upgrade the xbox 360 ddr3 ram from 512 to 1gb i really dont know if it can be done?

It won't. Consoles have fixed hardware & are meant to work with that specific hardware. If you go around changing it, consoles lose the whole benefit of a fixed hardware vs. a moving one such as on the PC.

DDR-3? LoL... jumping the gun, aren't we? :giddy:

Now I don't know much about X-box 360 hardware, but here's my thoughts....

DDR-3 is used exclusively for graphics cards, at the moment. Not only would upgrading your graphics card memory do absolutely nothing (because games are optimized to run utilizing only the amount of memory that shipped with your console), but upgrading your graphics memory will probably be an impossibility.

If you're referring to system memory, then you must mean DDR-1 or DDR-2, but I'm pretty sure consoles like X-box don't really need system memory, it's all used for graphics. Upgrading system memory, if it is an option, would be useless as well.

Rick said:
DDR-3? LoL... jumping the gun, aren't we? :giddy:

Now I don't know much about X-box 360 hardware, but here's my thoughts....

DDR-3 is used exclusively for graphics cards, at the moment. Not only would upgrading your graphics card memory do absolutely nothing (because games are optimized to run utilizing only the amount of memory that shipped with your console), but upgrading your graphics memory will probably be an impossibility.

If you're referring to system memory, then you must mean DDR-1 or DDR-2, but I'm pretty sure consoles like X-box don't really need system memory, it's all used for graphics. Upgrading system memory, if it is an option, would be useless as well.

The 360 shares 512 MB of DDR3 RAM between the CPU and GPU. But I agree that
A. The RAM is most likely soldered on the mainboard.
B. No games would ever utilize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back