DDRII Specs Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCheetah

Here is a short and extremely technical sheet about what the specifications on the new DDRII memory will be like. Hope some of you can understand this, and it will peak your interest.

By Mike Magee, 28/03/2002 09:06:34 BST
http://www.theinquirer.net/28030203.htm

A MOLE DEEP IN THE Asian turf has leaked us a page from the spec sheet for DDR400/DDR533.
The document, entitled Electrical Characterics & AC timing for DDR400/DDR533 – Absolute Specification, is not for the non techie minded. Avert your eyes now if you do not want to know the results.

I think all the lower numbers for the DDR533 mean that it will be faster. That is how I'm reading it anyway. As for all the technical talk, it is too much mumbo jumbo for me to understand.

Other related threads:
Intel working closely with Jedec on DDRII specifications
Information on the future of DDR (Wot no DDRII?
DDR00 out in April!!!

Guess that the information about there being no DDRII specification was misinformed even though it comes straight from the horses mouth so to speak (AMI2 - An industry partnership enabling memory solutions for tomorrow's technology, including infineon, samsung, micron, via etc...). Although I would like to know if DDRII specification means new onboard memory systems to use it? Will people who have just invested in a DDR333 board be able to use a stick of DDR400 with the DDRII specification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back