Dead HD data

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowey

I have a seagate ST980815A hard drive that was used in a caddie as an external hd pluged in via usb port. My first caddie failed and I purchased another and all was good, then for reasons beyond me It failed recently so Ive purchased another caddie but it does'nt work. I fear that the clicking noises comming from the hd are fatal, Is there a way of retrieving the data from the drive as it was my back up for everything + more.
The hd is a 80gb job purchased new and never used in a laptop, It was purely a storage device.

Yup, you have made somegood guesses.
Time to buy a new Western Digital or Seagate drive, and install your favorite Windows program.
Then begin the rescue of the info on your caddies. You can also rescue the data on the clicking hard drive using it as a slave or in a USB enclosure if you do not wait too long.
When they click, there is the possibility that the drive can quit and never again be accessible.

Yup, you have made somegood guesses.
Time to buy a new Western Digital or Seagate drive, and install your favorite Windows program.
Then begin the rescue of the info on your caddies. You can also rescue the data on the clicking hard drive using it as a slave or in a USB enclosure if you do not wait too long.
When they click, there is the possibility that the drive can quit and never again be accessible.

The problem is the hd that fits in the USB enclosure ( caddie) my pc hd is just fine its the ext hd thats gone feral on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back