Default "Edit" Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseM

Hey everybody, I have a question. When you right-click on an image there is the "Edit" option, and the default for XP is MS Paint. I got MS Office 2003 and it changed the default editing program to MS Ofiice Picture Manager. I know how to change the default editing program by changing the registry entry "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Image\Shell\Edit\Command" but it still shows that the default program is MS Paint, and if I change it it still opens the image in MS Office Picture Manager.

How can I change the program that opens when I right-click an image in Windows Explorer and click "Edit"?

Tools->Folder Options->File Extensions->File Types

Modify the edit entry for any file types you need.

I can't find anything that would let me change the default program that edits the .jpg where you directed me, I can only change things like the default printing program and the program that opens it. Thanks for your help though.

Open Control program. Switch to Classic View. Open the Folder Options File. Click on the File Types. Select JPG or JPEG, whichever (file types are listed on the left). Click on the file you want and notice in the middle of the window a place to change the program that controls this type of file. Click change and a new window will open for you to select the file you want and click apply, than OK. Hope this helps.

Nevermind, Nodsu was right but for some reason "Edit" didn't show up the first time I tried that. Thanks you guys for your help on such a simple yet frustrating problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back