Default Syst.exe and 3456346345643.exe - Are they virus or something malicious??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am new to this AV and OS update world (but not to computers ;) ). Never had much problem in the last 2-3 years but lately I am noticing some wierd things on my PC.

Firstly I have AVG AV, Spybot - Search & Destroy Spyware remover and ZoneAlarm installed on my Win XP Pro SP1. I use Firefox 1.5 with Noscript extension installed.

My browsing habit are quite limited, and safe like programming forum (just 1) checking mails and reading stuff off MSDN. Never used any messenger. While my sister uses the yahoo messenger but still having safe browsing habit.

Just 2 days back, the ZA alerted that some kernel88.exe is trying to access internet, to which I denied, deleted all the cookies and temp internet files off both FFx and IE, ran the AntiSpyware and it fixed the problem.

Today I noticed these 2 exe files that I never saw before. A quick googling revealed that these are some kind of viruses and must be deleted instantly. Downloaded Hijackthis and ran it. Except for 1 file missing error and 2-3 08 and 09 kind of problem, I don't see anything anything bad.

But the HijackThis warned to consult an expert before fixing anything through HijackThis.

Attached is the HijackThis log file for your consideration.

Also, there is some YServer.txt file at C:\. Could someone please tell the purpose of this file and is it safe to delete it.

Thank you

PS: Please ignore the dumprep.exe. It happened because I was running the AVG and a ASP.Net application at the same time and the web project didn't want to end.Will post the AVG log file when it's done.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is badly infected with a variety of nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Harsh Gupta only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back