Status
Not open for further replies.

glowingnissan07

Radeon 9800 PRO Vidcard

2.3 GHz, 1 GB ram

300 GB WD Hard drive

WinXP Home

Sony Vaio

Its not the same as lag. In-game the video is practically flawless, but on windows for some reason, i will click on something, or open a window, or move my mouse to shut down the screensaver, but theres like a 2 second delay before the screen actually shifts. there are some immediate reactions

ie, when i move my mouse to shut down the screen saver, the basic start menu object appears, and my mouse movements are seemless, but it takes 2 seconds for the rest of the desktop to appear. It doesnt appear slowly, like if i had 256 MB RAM and 1.0 GHz process, but suddenly, but after a 2 second delay. It didnt do this before, and this pretty much started when i removed a crappy Maxtor hard disk.

I think its my vidcard because when i run ATiTools and run the 3d preview, the furry cube doesnt spin in smooth movements, but alternates between a quick half second of smooth movement and then jolts awkardly into another position repeatedly

Overclocking didnt solve anything.

Could it be my monitor is straining my videocard? ITs one of the big freaking box monitors from with like 2000 x 2000 resolution.

suggestions welcome

Go for a new video card...

"Could it be my monitor is straining my videocard?"... No, its usually the other way around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back