Deleted folder keeps recreating itself at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an old path that I deleted. This was the folder path...

C:\USERS\OWNER\DOCUMENTS\LEFT 4 DEAD 2\EORUADM9.DAT

Every time I delete it, it comes back the next time I start my computer.
But it comes back folder by folder.

The first folder that appears at startup is "LFD", & If I do not delete it, the next time the computer starts up, the path continues. (if that makes any sense)
If it isnt deleted, the next folder that appears is "LEFT 4 DEAD 2" (which is inside the LFD folder)

My AVG keeps detecting the malware over and over and over again.
No matter how many times I delete it.
How can I get rid of this for good?

Your spelling eoruadm9.dat brings up only this post in a Google search

I took a small spelling change to "Euro ADM9" The dat[.b] file extension is used for data.

The new ADM9.1 system by AVI And Speaker Techniques (£1899) features a pair of monitors and subwoofer that powers the entire system.

Audiophile-PC music system (mini-review) Sound Systems & Audio Devices.

The only mention for euro was in a monetary context.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a cooperative first-person shooter game. It is the sequel to Valve Corporation's award-winning Left 4 Dead.

This is not a malware problem. It sounds like you still have LFD on the system and it is collecting data. Data files or folders usually won't delete when the program or app that is creating the data remains on the system. If you want to get rid of the folder, remove ADM9, then delete the foldeer in Safe Mode.

My AVG keeps detecting the malware over and over and over again.
What is AVG saying this file is and why do you think it's malware? I cannot tell you why AVG is considering it malware- if it is. There are such things as False Positives. What is AVG saying it is? Leave the line in the AVG log identifying it.

IF this doesn't solve the problem for you, please move to the Windows OS forum and request help there. Tell them you stopped here first and I sent you over there.

Re:

Thank you for replying, Bobbye

I cannot quote what the AVG told me because after a bit of frustration yesterday I checked the "do not notify me again" (or something of that nature)

But it did tell me that it was malware and that it was severe.
(4 red bars were shown to describe it's severity)

I'm going to try to delete it in safe mode.

I don't think it was a false positive. Had it been a normal file in the first place, it wouldn't keep reappearing. But I could be wrong...

I checked AVG's virus vault and it is full of the same file.
The same quarantined file is listed over and over.
I'm not sure if this problem is serious or fatal, but it is really bothering me.

Okay, right now I have nothing to go on- am not even sure it's a malware problem. You could probably save yourself a lot of problem though by running an AV scan and saving the log, opening it, find the name of the 'supposed' malware and search for a description.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back