Dell D600 Dropped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. My daughter has a Dell D600 that is no longer under warranty. Naturally, now that it is not covered, she dropped it. Fortunately, after I ran diagnostics, the only thing that seems to be a problem is the hard disk. I am getting replacement drive so that part is OK.

I do have an issue though. Since it got dropped, the back right corner of the case (where the screen hinges) has a crack in it, so the screen does not close fully. Also, the screen shut-off switch looks like it may not be making good contact all the time.

Q: What do I need to do to remove the case and ensure that there are no small pieces of plastic floating around, and that I can get the screen to close properly?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Hi.

Apologize for using up bandwidth -- should have checked the message boards a bit more than I did.

Found the answer on this, and someone was kind enough to include a link to Dell's Service Manual fro the Latitude D600:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd600/sm/index.htm

Thanks.

can be difficult. Might be better to get professional service.
You can buy replacement parts online.
I do not recommend fixing yourself.

I wouldn't put much more $ into repairing if you could help it. Brand new D600's on ebay for $399.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back