Dell Dimension 2400 problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I hope someone can help me. I have a Dell Dimension 2400. It was working fine. It was shut down properly. The next day when I press the button to turn on, it did nothing at all. No green light on the outside of the component. I also notice that the button did not click.

I opened the unit and there is a green light on the mother board on. Does this indicate that the power supply is OK. How can I test the mother board to see if it is that or simply the click button on the component.
I am not a PC whiz. I really appreciate any information from anyone.
Thanks
Cary

cary said:
Hi all,
I hope someone can help me. I have a Dell Dimension 2400. It was working fine. It was shut down properly. The next day when I press the button to turn on, it did nothing at all. No green light on the outside of the component. I also notice that the button did not click.

I opened the unit and there is a green light on the mother board on. Does this indicate that the power supply is OK. How can I test the mother board to see if it is that or simply the click button on the component.
I am not a PC whiz. I really appreciate any information from anyone.
Thanks
Cary

The light means that the MotherBoard is getting power. Make sure the power button is securely attached to mother board. Look for any unplugged cables and/or wires

dell dimension2400 wont start

Hi
Thanks, I'll check the unit out carefully. Its kind of hard to follow the connection from the click button to the board. I'll let you know this afternoon. Any other suggestion?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back