Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop and PC Card Slot Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Dell 1100 laptop that is running Windows Xp Home.

I use a D-Link G650 card to connect to the Internet. Everything was fine until yesterday.

It appears that my card is not responding--the lights on it don't come on when the PC boots up and even when the boot process is done.

My system tray shows the remark "D-link card not found" and I have no connectivity. I rebotted the machine with the same problem. I haven't reset the D-Link 624 router that I use to connect.

I tried another card in the laptop and I got the same results--no lights on the PC card and no connectivity.

Please advise. I hope it's not the actual PC slot on the laptop sice I don't have a clue about how to repair/replace it??? Is it part of the mobo on the Dell 1100??

Anybody have an idea or clue..
Please advise.
Thanks. Tony

d-link isn't exactly bad, but thier products aren;t that good either. my first suspect would be the card itself. can you swap it with a known good model or return it?

Dell Inspiron 1100 Problems

I too have had lots of probs with a D link wireless card in my Inspiron 1100. After lots of head stratching I concluded the problem was with the laptop, rather than the card.

A visit to the Dell support website http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/) lists a number of software patches, including a 50Mb operating system patch (R96945.exe). Running this seems to have sorted out several problems, including the wireless access one.

Hope this works for you too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back