Dell Inspiron 600m: Detection but no connection to Wireless Networks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I apologize if this post has been posted before but only thing I could find was a thread of someone who had a similar problem but solved it somehow, randomly.

This is an *ancient* laptop...but it's been working perfectly the past lengthy years. Just recently, however, the wireless network does not work. It detects them so it's not that part of the wireless but for some reason, it will not connect.

With the cable, I can access the internet fine but won't work for the wireless :(

I'm not a tech-oriented person at all so I will most likely need step by step instructions and my jargon won't be accurate at all. Again, I apologize (especially if this is in the wrong forum!)

Thank you

Hi

i had a similar problem with an advent laptop that was given to me to fix, i tried all sorts of things but couldnt get it to connect to my home network (which is secured with a WPA PSK key), the strange thing is it will connect to a non secure network without a problem.

So try and see if it will connect to a network that has the security turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back