Dell new PDA's & more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Dell has finally released their Pocket PC based PDA's that have been rumoured for so long; and the news don't come in the form of having a big OEM manufacturer (the biggest in the US) making PDAs but they are indeed the cheapest PocketPCs you can get in the market. Based in Intel X-Scale processors, the Axim X5 Handhelds are being sold for $299 & $199 after a mail-in rebate.

More PDA news from Comdex - meet the Wrist PDA - though we had already seen watches with some handheld functionality, this time Fossil has a watch that does it all, they also announced they have licensed the Palm OS.

I just ordered one of these Dell AXIM X5's, I ordered the more expensive one, because it has a 400mhz X-scale processor, and 64Mb memory. Does anyone else here have one of these Axim's? I cant wait till mine arrives, I plan on converting some of my dvd's into divx files and watching them on my Axim once I get a 512mb memory card for it.....

Something else cool about them, you can get Everquest for them, and even Age of Empires...

I've used an Axim, and I loved it. What a handy little thing.

How long do you think it'll take for a PDA to break the 1GHz mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back