Dell Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golferman443

Is it possible to buy a motherboard for my Dimension 3000. Im doing this so i can have AGP 8x or even PCI-E. If anyone has done this before or knows what mobos are compatible that would be great.

You will need more than just a mobo. the foint panel connectors on the dell case are proprietary and probably wont fit correctly on a standard mobo. the Power supply in your dell may or may not work with a standard mobo since Dell used to use special connections which were reverse of standard PSU mobo connections. and last but not least, your gonna need Windows because that hard drive with the dell installed XP isnt going to boot on a mobo without a dell bios. and any recovery disk you may have will not install on a non dell mobo.

pretty much the only thing re-usable on that system if you wish to upgrade is the case and CD/DVD drives, everything else inside it will have to go.

I will assume since you want a PCI-e (or AGP 8X) graphics card, that you are interested in gaming, in which case a celeron processor is useless.

The demension3000 is a budget PC, only capable of basic, non-system intensive tasks, if you need more power, you pretty much have to get a new system altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back