Dell recovery partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on a machine for someone and i can't access the dell recovery partition. The machine is a Dell Inspiron i519 running vista. Does anybody have any ideas how to access it??

From http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110446

"If the Dell has the Symantec restore partitition (and by your description it sounds as if it does), (Dell Restore by Symantec is available on Dimension and Inspirion systems that shipped on or after 7/16/2004 in the Americas), to access the partition:
1. Power the computer on
2. When the Dell screen appears press and hold the <Ctrl> key on the keyboard, press the <F11> key, then release them both at the same time.
The Dell Restore by Symantec window appears.
NOTE: Press the keys only one time. If you press them more than once, a keyboard error occurs and the process has to be initiated again.

3.Click the Restore button or press the <Tab> key to highlight Restore and press the enter key.
A caution message appears advising that all data will be lost.
4.Click the Confirm button or press the <Tab> key to highlight Confirm and press the enter key.
The Progress window appears. Once the process is begun, Dell PC Restore usually takes only 8 to 10 minutes to complete.
When the restore is complete, the message The system recovery process was successful appears.
5. Click the Finish button or press <Tab> key to highlight Finish and press the <Enter> key.
The computer will restart.
Your software is now as it was when you first received your computer.

NOTE: After the Operating System has been restored, it is important to run Windows Update as soon as possible to bring the system to the latest level of security."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back