Dell XPS 710/720 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, not sure if I am posting on the right board but I am in need of some help. I have a Dell XPS 710 that wasnt posting, so I bought a 720 motherboard. I have pulled the RAM, video card, & CPU and put them into other machines and those components work fine. After replacing the motherboard, the 720 has different front panel connectors then the 710 does. However, there is a small button on the motherboard that I am using to turn on the computer.(Small Power Button) When it turns on, the fans spin up then spin slower, it beeps twice, and no video output at all. Disc drives spin a little, and nothing happens. What I was wondering is maybe since the front panel connectors are not plugged in thats why its not posting properly? Is the dell motherboard that picky? If anyone reading this has a XPS 720 motherboard please let me know before I invest more $$ into getting it to run. Thanks

You only need to connect the case power switch to the proper motherboard pins to power up the computer. No other connections are necessary. You should be able to get the hard drive and power LEDs working by removing the wires from the old connector and placing directly on the new motherboard front panel header. Have you made sure that the motherboard is properly installed in the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back