Dell XPS won't boot up

Went from a 32bit motherboard to a 64bit. Installed new 2x2gb memory for a total of 8gb also installed new processor. While waiting for the parts to arrive I cleaned everything inside. Installed two new 1tb HDs and new (referbished) video card. The day I took the motherboard out I went into the hospital (kinda sucked) so forgot where all the wires go. Common since the wires are pretty stright forward, connectors only fit certian plugs. Put it all together except I can't find out where plug P4 connects to. Problem on startup I get two beeps and front panel lights 1,2,3 on 4 off. No video. Any help will be appriciated as I've sunk a lot of money into this thing, should have replaced it but love the machine. Thank in advance.

My Dell XPS 600 won't boot or show video, I got a recommendation from Tmagic650 about the P4 plug I asked about but there is no pull receptical fori t. I have looked at every square inch of that board and it looks like everything is attached correctlly P4 plug is the only loose plug I have left and can't find where it plugs into. What I did is the computer crashed and I replacedt he motherboard from a 32bit to a 64 bit. Go a XPS 600 512mb video carda nd havet ried several otherg ood cards and the darn thing won't boot. I get 2 beeps and lights on the front panel 1,2,3, 4 is off. Indicates in the Dellb ook it's a wire problem. Anyway got it in the shop having them check it out hopefully they will find out what is wrong with it and be a cheap fix. Doesan yone know of a good free TV tuner software? What Windows media center did? The schedule updates don't update. You have to figure outt hec hannel and time you want to reccord and it does but it doesn't give a name or anything on whatt he program you are recording. Thanks all and Thanks Tmagic60.

Back