Inactive Desktop files cannot be removed/programs cannot be uninstalled

MrEd

I previously posted this at the referenced link below and it was closed although no resolution was reached. Thought I would try to see if anyone else has an idea how to delete two desktop files and uninstall programs from the registry that are executable and run but are not found in add/remove programs. The programs are old and cannot be reinstalled.

Tried revo uninstaller but it doesn't do the trick. My original post is below with the link to the troubleshooting that was done although unsuccessful. I did have a shutdown issue where my pc would hang on shutting down after running "OTL" as prescribed. The tech said it was coincidental. I'm sure he did what he could but am posting this again to see if a different person can address it.Thank you!

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic173222.html

Re:Uninstall/deletion Issues...

I have two files on my desktop that I cannot delete:
Name: An oldie but goodie_ Hands....
Size: 0 bytes
Fire Waterfall
Size: 0 bytes
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop

Have tried file assassin in Malware Bytes and CC Cleaner's file deletion tool but no go.

Also, I cannot uninstall the following programs as they are not found in add/remove

programs.

This irider has a wise uninstaller but it calls for the "install.log" file which is nowhere

to be found.

Irider by Wymea Bay
"D:\Program Files\iRider2.48\iRider.exe"

Cannot uninstall this one either....same issue...not in add/remove programs. No unistaller.

"D:\Program Files\PC Linq\Mdi.exe"

Can I edit out these files from the registry? I don't have the original programs or files to

reinstall and then uninstall them again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This subject had been discussed already and it's not malware related.
I suggest you post at Windows forum.

Back