DHCP Enabled Speedstream 5100 modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a Speedstream 5100 modem and I think the problem i am having is that the Dhcp is not enabled. I recently move my modem, if that makes a difference and it suddenly would not connect. If anyone could help me with this problem or help me figure out what my problem is that would be great.

Hello,

I have a Speedstream 5100 modem and I think the problem i am having is that the Dhcp is not enabled. I recently move my modem, if that makes a difference and it suddenly would not connect. If anyone could help me with this problem or help me figure out what my problem is that would be great.

What do you mean "recently moved my modem"?

Two questions
1) Did you change ISPs?
2) Has the hardware connected to your modem changed (e.g. did you add a router between your computer and the modem?) as the modem "sees" the MAC address of the first device connected to it. And sometimes won't connect to any other device with a different MAC address

what about the first device connected to the modem? (e.g. the first computer or router connected to the modem) once you switched rooms. Did the first connected device change?

I assume new room has a different connection jack? have you tried moving it back? maybe problem is in connnector in the new room

also try logging into your speedstream... see what it reports

in a browser window http://speedstream

Search online (or your ISP website) for the speedstream 5100 manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back