Different BSOD (8E, 50, D1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I suppose most of you are more interested in my problem then you are in me so I'll get right to it.
I've been having this problem for quite a while now; whilst playing games, watching movies and sometimes during intensive use of CPU i get blue screens of death.
This one most often: dxg.sys 0x00000008E and then cache dump. Sometimes win32.sys 0x00000008E and also ALCXWDM.sys 0x0000000D1 or ´Page fault in nonpaged area´ 0x000000050.
I took the liberty of checking some of these messages out by googling them, they dont really match with one another when it comes to origin of the problem.
I also took my pc to the guy who made it and he said he fixed the problem when he installed a fan on my video card, the problem was gone for a few days.
As far as I know my drivers are up to date, at least my graphics, sound and mobo drivers are.
Do you think this is a heating problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
(This is my first post here but i think I entered my sys specs into my profile.)

Attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps in a new post in your thread. If you don`t have a thread already open for your problem, start a new thread in the Windows OS forum.

You can find your minidumps in the following directory. C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension.

In order to post your minidumps, please do the following.

Quote:
Then start your new posting at TechSpot by clicking on New Thread
(or use Post Reply in an existing thread).

Scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Finish your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Please note: You can attach more than one file to a post, just repeat the steps above for each file you want to attach.

Regards Howard

Post your minidumps so we can have a look at them.

We don't need the MiniDumps he's provided the info (Bugcheck Errors and Causes).

0x8E errors are almost always Hardware errors start off by running Memtest86.
Instructions - Download the pre-built ISO of Memtest86 (Link Below), burn it to a disk using ISO Recorder (Link Below) and then boot off the disk start the test going for 3-5 hours (Minimum Of 7 Passes) or Overnight which would be better.

0xD1 errors are caused by Faulty device drivers or faulty RAM the driver you cited "ALCXWDM.sys" as the cause, this is a Realtek Driver, try updating your Network Card drivers.

0x50 errors are caused by defective Memory or incompatible software, in this case you just run Memtest as i suggested above.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Oh also update DirectX since "dxg.sys" is cited as well.

hey woody and nobardin, thanks a million for the response, i tried some of the things you suggested but (once again) had some difficulties.
i tried to get the memtest86 to work but i assume by a boot disk you mean a floppy drive? because i dont have one of those, tried to make a bootable cd but that didnt work either, nor did the bootable usb-stick (big surprise)
I already have directx version 9.0c, while trying to install a supposedly newer version 10 the installer always crashes.
The network card driver can also only be installed by using a boot floppy. I have VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Card.
I also got a few new bsod's i didnt know existed: 'bad pool caller' 0x000000c2 and 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' 0x000000A
Maybe I'm a pessimist but is it not possible my computer just died and some mobo chips melted together?

Do you have Windows XP or Vista?
If you have XP you can't install DX10 because it only supports Vista, Its something Microsoft did to try get Gamers to move onto Vista.

No i meant a CD not a floppy disk they are basically not even used anymore. Actually they stopped selling them at about half the computer store chains here about 2 years ago. Probably more don't sell them now.

0xC2 errors are caused by a Faulty driver or buggy software. 0xA errors are caused by Faulty Drivers, Incompatible Hardware and Software.

If you can't run Memtest then if you have more than 1 RAM card then try removing 1 at a time and see if the computer runs ok and is stable, If you have 1 in and it causes the system to crash but the other doesn't then you obviously know which RAM card is faulty. Still try updating the Network Card.
Check these before you give up on the comp

I have XP, so i guess i can settle for 9.0c. is weird however that i keep getting dxg.sys error messages. i only have 1 stick of RAM, i switched its port about 3 days ago and been only getting more error messages since. so i will switch it back and probably buy a new RAM stick. still trying to figure out how to burn that memtest iso to a disc and make it boot.
btw, got a network card driver installed just before it crashed on me again :D

Have you used the ISO recorder from the link i provided you with?
If your using the comp that is getting bluescreens try using 1 that isn't having a problem.
I'm suspecting RAM card failure, but use memtest when you get it burned to a disk.

i did use your recorder you gave me the link for, afterwards i even tried making the disc with nero. didnt work either.
ill be on holiday a week starting tomorrow and will get a new ram when i get back, thanks alot for the help and will post my results if i get any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back