Digital Storm intros highly customizable Black Ops PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Digital Storm has launched its new flagship PC aimed at gamers with a penchant for performance and a savings account to match. The Black Ops system is extremely configurable, and base systems start upward of $1,550 with platforms spanning Intel's Core 2 Extreme QX9650, Lynnfield-based Core i5 and i7 processors, Bloomfield-based i7 processors (including the Extreme Edition 975), as well as AMD Phenom II X4 chips.

Other options include 2 to 12GB of RAM, just about every noteworthy Nvidia and ATI graphics card on the market (including various multi-GPU configurations), add-on graphics (like a TV tuner), as many as three storage drive "sets" (disk or flash) with several RAID options, up to two Blu-ray or DVD reader/writers, Creative and Asus sound cards, and 750W to 1500W of power -- in case you need a space heater to ride out the winter.

Amenities include aftermarket CPU and GPU heatsinks, liquid cooling, a temperature display, internal lighting schemes, chassis mods, a noise suppression package, exterior automotive paint finish, factory optimization of CPUs, GPUs, RAM, and operating systems, pre-installation of select popular games, and more. Digital Storm also offers a three to five-year warranty, lifetime tech support and free (labor) upgrades, and a 72-hour stress test before your system ships.

With an average starting price over $1,700, a fully decked out Black Ops PC can easily climb beyond $10,000 -- but hey, at least there's free shipping.

Permalink to story.

Blimey, these look pricey... I'd like to see how much it would cost to just build one of these for yourself though; $10,000 for any pc sounds pretty ridiculous to me...

I say learn how to build a computer yourself and don't burn your money.....

70 dollars for Crysis Warhead? That's outrageous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back