Dimension 2400 motherboard help???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I really on logged on for help for this one problem but have found some real great information from everyone, so thanks in advance. My question might be kinda of stupid but I need help. I have a Dimension 2400 and my motherboard needs to be replaced. I have removed all the parts but for some reason I cannot remove the heatsink (alumminum piece under the grean plastic windtunnel) to get to my processer. The guy from dell said there is some little lever but I can't find it. It seems to be apart of the motherboard and I cannot detach it from the processor. If anyone could help me that would be great.

yes do you know how to remove "the equally massive passive aluminum heat sink which is affixed to the processor." that is in those pictures.???

Nope - but copying that pic and expanding it I would seem to see a clip on the right and left side center of the mounting frame.

Maybe go to the Dell forums and search?

Dimension 2400 heatsink removal

Hello,

My name is Richard; I am part of Dell's Online Community Outreach team, located in Round Rock, Texas. I regret to read that you have had so much trouble with the heatsink removal. Go to this link http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2400/en/sm_en/mprcsr.htm.

mprcsr10.jpg

It will provide you an animated view of how to remove and reinstall the heatsink. Good luck on your project.

Regards,

Richard B
Dell Online Community Outreach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back