Direct connect from guitar to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone help me with this, im so stuck its not funny, ive heard every theory under the sun of how to directly connect but ive had no luck, the biggest worry ive had so far is my computer not recognising that i have my guitar plugged into it, i get no response what so ever, ive tried both my mic jack and my auxiliary jack and had no luck, ive unmuted all my volume levels and turned them right up and had no luck, ive updated my driver (creative sound blaster live series) still no luck, ive tried running my guitar through my amp and into the computer via the pre out jack on my amp, no luck, im really stuck on this. if someone could just throw as many ideas as you can at me, other then the ones that i mentioned, then ill be very grateful.

Hey revel and welcome to Techspot! Does you amp have a regular "line out"? I am not talking about one labeled as a preamp out. If it does and you have the right cable to convert the plug, this should work. Another option is to use a DI box. This is what I use to connect my guitars to my PC. I also use Nuendo for the recording software, I highly recommend it too! The link below shows the box that I currently have. Good luck.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--WHRPCDI

My Son has one.He uses the Microphone connection.
You probably need a converter to your sound connection.
Check the Mic volume.

lol, revel there is no telling what he is talking about. I would guess he is talknig about the plug to go from your guitar cable to the small input on your soundcard. Which at this point, I figured that was already a given, that you already had that and knew that. I am fairly sure you will need a pre-amp or the DI box I was talking about. Try Googling for 'connecting guitar to PC' and see what the results are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back