Direct3d creation device failed - error

Hi, I needed help in solving this problem. I was playing Heroes of Newerth when suddenly I lost the game. When I reconnected, this error d3d_create: devicecreate() failed fatal error pops up. I tried checked using AVG PC tuneup about this error and it says that the driver was incorrect and that i have to update my driver. My graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce 8500 GT. I tried getting the latest version of this online at nvidia.com. When I installed it and restarted the pc, it still doesnt work. Everything works fine before but it just happened recently. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling this but the same error pops-up. It's not only on this game. Any other game which I believe is "heavy" would not work. I appreciate if this would be resolved without me having to buy a new one. Thanks. :wave:

By the way, my OS is Windows XP.

Hi, no one still responded to this so therefore I dont have any resolution yet. I am just waiting for someone who can help me here. Thanks.

pc specs

This is Intel Pentium Dual E2200 2.20 GHz x 2.00 Gbyte
Windows XP x32 Home Edition Service Pack 3(build: 2600)........ what else do you need? The video that has the error is NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Are these "heavy" games all played on-line or are they loaded on the computers hard drive? If they are played from the computer (from the CD/DVD drive) the video card may be failing... You haven't mentioned your power supply. It is the thing that you plug the power cord into, at the back of the computer. If you remove the side of the computer, you should see a label on the side of the power supply. The model number is all we need. While you have the side off, check to see if it is clean and free of massive dust and that all the fans are clean and running normally

types of games

I play Heroes of Newerth which is more like DoTA, Godswar which is an online game or any other games that needed good graphics. I have to check my powersupply and get back to you once I have the information.

Back